Theme images by MichaelJay. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Equipment

I haven't really posted too much about the equipment that I plan on using to conduct this project! I have done work with filming before, and have done some other creative work in the past, I definitely welcomed this project with open arms!

So to begin, we have the camera setup. It's nothing special, and I really am trying to save up some money for a new camera, but as of now, I am rocking a Nikon D3100 with a 52mm Nikon DX lens. By today's standards, this camera isn't anything special, it has a rather outdated 14.2 megapixel CMOS sensor, but can record in full 1080p HD. One of the main things I like about filming on a DSLR, is the ability to manually focus. As opposed to a phone camera, which lacks a physical way to focus, DSLR lenses provide this functionality in a much more convenient way. I've also got a 16GB SD card in the camera, which allows me to shoot for a longer duration, and the camera will be sitting on a tripod for most of the shooting.

Next is the general editing setup. I have 2 main computers that I plan on using for editing this project, a laptop and a desktop. The laptop is a 2011 MacBook Pro, with a 2.3GHz i5 processor, 16GB RAM, and a 512GB SSD. This thing flies, and is a more than capable portable laptop for editing this project. One of the main positives to using a laptop is it's portability, allowing me to record and edit on the spot, and in class. The desktop is a maxed out 2006 Mac Pro with an 8 core 3.0GHz Xenon processor, 32GB RAM, 6TB of storage, and a AMD R9 280X. This desktop is an absolute beast, and can tackle any task a throw at it. The best thing about using the desktop is it's sheer power, it can crunch through the rendering of a video in a very short time, allowing me to make better use of my time. I will more than likely be storing the video files I like on a USB drive, along with the main timeline file of the project for quick and easy access across all of the computers. I plan on using Adobe Premiere Pro to edit the video, a program I have been using for a while now.

Well, that's it for my ranting about the equipment, hopefully I haven't bored you too much... Until next time!!

No comments:
Write comments